On Monday the 7th of August a unique event will take place. We will have the opportunity to witness the only partial lunar eclipse for 2017. That's why, on that day, House of Science, with the help of the Municipality of Limassol, is organising a memorable event at Limassol Promenade (Molos). The event will take place at 20:00 on the pier opposite the Blue Cafe. The eclipse wil start at 20:25, as the moon rises, and it will peak at 21:20.
Attendees will be able to:
1) Observe the eclipse through telescopes and binoculars.
2) Watch the eclipse live on a big screen.
3) Get informed about the phenomenon.
4) Take part in an astrophotography workshop (emphasising on the moon)
5) Listen to relaxing music.
Amateur astronomers and photographers can bring their own equipment to observe and photograph this wonderful event with us.