Trooditissa monastery is situated in a beautiful spot among pine trees. It was originally founded in the 13th century, but the present church was built in 1731. The monastery was established immediately after the iconoclastic era. As with other monasteries, it was preceeded by a hermit who resorted there during the years of the iconoclasm. Nothing remains of the monastery of the Middle Byzantine period or the period of Frankish rule. The oldest reference to the Monastery of Trooditissa is found in a copy of a 14th century deed.
The church contains priceless silver-leaf covered icon of the Virgin Mary brought from Asia Minor.
Area: Troodos District (Limassol District)
Hours of Operation: Daily: 09:00 - 12:00 / 14:00 - 16:00
Operating Period: All year.
Closed on public holidays.
Entrance fee: Free
Disabled Access: Wheelchair accessible.
Hours of operation and entry price are subject to change without notice. It is advisable for visitors to confirm them before their visit.