The monastery of Agios Minas is located in the village Vavla and it is one of the biggest in Cyprus. The monastery dates back to the early 16th century and is mentioned by monk Vasily Barski, when he visited the monastery in November, 1737. The elaborate wood engraving and the fresco of Saint Minas have made the monastery famous. The monastery from the mid-18th century was abandoned and reopened after renovation in 1964, as a female monastery. Agios Minas celebrates on November 11 and thus numerous believers visit the monastery at that time of the year.