Looking for a thrilling or relaxing family getaway? Then look no further. Enjoy all 30 attractions including Europe’s biggest wave pool! Large selection of food and beverages and spa facilities also available.
May / September / October: 10:00 am until 5:00 pm.
June / July / August: 10:00 until 6:00 pm.
Lady Thetis was a pleasure cruise ship. Ship construction in Germany and was registered in the Register of Cypriot Ships where it operated for a long time. It sank in 2014, along with the fishing boat Konstantis, as part of the Marine Park, in the Dassoudi area in Limassol.
It took years of planning to begin the long-awaited sinking of the wreck for Cyprus. The CDCA hopes that this will be a domino phenomenon to sink more shipwrecks around Cyprus, making an artificial submarine reef to boost economic efforts to attract more tourists to visit these areas. The wreck has already attracted students and scholars of marine biology from the local universities in Cyprus.
The reef attracts large numbers of fish species of sea fish such as bark beetles.
Limassol Marina is an exclusive waterfront development designed by a world-renowned team of architects and engineers. It combines elegant residences and a full service marina with an enticing mix of restaurants and shops, to create a lifestyle uniquely shaped by 'living on the sea'.
The Carob Museum and Pastellopoieio was built in 1990, at a time when carobs were a major export of Cyprus. They were used to make a wide variety of products such as photographic film plates.
The museum is a stone-built traditional building where the visitor can watch the processing of locust. In the pastry shop, which is located in the same place behind the museum, one can watch the demonstration of pasta production and try various carob dishes.
Open everyday: 9:00- 19:00
Entrance Price: €3,00
The waterfall in Phini is located in Hantara area. Undoubtedly, the waterfall, an exquisite creation of nature, enchants and impresses all visitors.
Access to the remarkable waterfall is possible only through a “pleasant and short path”. The waterfall emerges through a wild landscape filled with “platans, pine trees”, and local kinds of trees and bushes. The scents and odors of lavender and sage, in combination with “the sound of water falling, the sweet singing of the nightingale” charm all visitors.
The water falls vehemently eight meters down and “forms a small lake”. The bubbly water runs on the “hard volcanic rocks of gabbro” that filled “with tiny velvet mosses”, while “ivy has embraced the trunks of plantans”.
The waterfall fills all visitors with unique feelings! The magnificence of these feelings bestowed upon the visitor by the waterfall is indicated in a text found in the Archive of the Community Council. Explicitly, “while the water falls with its peculiar humming, within this beautiful mountainous landscape, it overwhelms you. You can effortlessly feel the mind resting and reviving. You can also feel an attraction to stay as long as possible and view this site. One can not help but think how this could be appreciated by more people with just a few alterations”.
The foundations of an old watermill that possibly operated at the beginning of the 20th century are located near the waterfall.
Chantara means a Scale or "weighing machine". The waterfall is not the highest or the biggest in Cyprus, but definitely it is the most beautiful.
The hill of Kourion, on which the Acropolis of the ancient city-kingdom developed, occupies a dominant position on the coast 4 km southwest of the village of Episkopi. Kourion was an important city-kingdom in antiquity and it is considered one of the most impressive archaeological sites in Cyprus. An amazing theater was built in the 2nd century BC but what has preserved today dates to the Roman period with 2nd and 3rd century A.D. additions and restorations. In the curved auditorium, the spectators’ seating area accommodates around 3500 people.
The ancient amphitheater has been restored and is used for musical and theatrical performances. Some other archaeological monuments at the site are the sanctuary of Apollon Hylates, the Agora, the House of Achilles, the House of the Gladiators, the Baths and the Complex of Eustolios, the Early Christian Basilica, the Sanctuary of Apollo Hylates, the Stadium, the Small Basilica and the Coast Basilica.
Winter Time (16/9 - 15/4)
Monday-Sunday: 08:30 - 17:00.
Summer Time (16/4 - 15/9)
Monday-Sunday: 09:00 - 16:00.
Almost all the site is wheelchair accessible: small bridges and passageways.
(The site´s western part can be accessed via a special entrance that can be opened by the site´s guards)
Special Parking Space: Available (marked)
Toilets available: Available (marked)
Access to free wi-fi at Visitor's Centre
Start from the old port roundabout around the castle to Agiou Andreou street, and end up at the historic city center. Limassol has so many different faces! Explore each one and you will experience unique moments.
The castle is located at the south edge of Kolossi village, which is situated on a coastal plain about 11 kilometres west of Limassol. It is one of the most important extant fortification works of the Frankish period, an impressive, square, well-built building comprised of three floors. It was built in 1210 by the Order of St. John of Jerusalem (Knights Hospitallers) as the seat of the Supreme military commandment, Grande Commanderie, from where Commandaria wine later took its name.
In 1306 it briefly came into the possession of the Knights Templars, who supported Amalrique of Tyre, the usurper of the throne. After the abolition of the Knights Templars in 1313, the castle of Kolossi returned to the possession of the Knights Hospitallers, but was destroyed during the raids of the Mameluke tribes in 1525-26. The Great Commander Louis de Magnac built the existing castle upon the ruins of the 13th century castle. Magnac's coat -of- arms can be seen together with the emblems of Cyprus Kingdom.
The remains of a factory that produced sugar from sugarcane, which was cultivated in large plantations in the region, are located to the east of the castle. The plantations, which date back to the 14th century, consisted of three main areas and other auxiliary areas. The primary structure is the sugar refinery, a long, narrow, stone-made, arch-covered hall. An inscription inserted in the external south side of the building informs us that it was repaired in 1591, when Pasha Murat was governor of Cyprus. To the north of this hall lie the ruins of the water mill and the water tower.
From 16/9 till 15/4: 08:30 - 17:00 and from 16/4 till 15/9: 08:30 - 19:30.
The sanctuary is located about 2,5 kilometres west of the ancient town of Kourion. It was one of the main religious centres of ancient Cyprus, where Apollo was worshipped as god of the woodlands. It seems that the worship of Apollo on this site began as early as the 8th century B.C. and continued until the 4th century A.D. The majority of the monuments as they can be seen today belong to the site's 1st century AD restorations. A wall from which one could enter the site via the Kourion Gate and the Pafos Gate surrounds the sanctuary. Originally the site consisted of a temple, traces of which survive in the foundations of the present temple, a circular monument which was probably destined for processions or dances around a grove of sacred trees and a formalized Archaic Altar and Precinct.
During the Roman period the site may have been used for the display of votives or the accommodation of visitors. Terracotta figurines and pottery that were accumulated in the Temple from the 5th century B.C. to the Roman period were buried in the Votive Pit.
Along the external east side of the walls are the Palaestra, where athletes once exercised and played games as well as the Baths. Both baths and the palestra are located outside the main temple.
The renovated building housing the Municipal Museum showcases collections of 19th and 20th century Cypriot folk art. Over 500 exhibits are displayed in six rooms. These include interesting urban attire, traditional costumes, furniture, wood carvings, embroidery and jewellery.
In 1989 the museum awarded the “Europa Nostra” award.
Monday – Friday
07:45 – 14:45
Visit the zoo, you can see very attractive animals, birds and reptiles from all continents.
For each species, there is information label with the most interesting information about the animal. There are daily well-established educational material for specific animals, presenting the caregivers to the visitors, to get to know the species better.
For leisure and relaxation of visitors there is a cafe with a view of the mountain, the green and the flamingo. The modern playground and the children's zoo with small goats and sheeps will provide unforgettable moments for young visitors.
The Museum of Natural History is also located in the zoo.
Summer - Daily: 09:00 - 19:00.
Winter - Daily 09:00 - 16:00.
The Medieval Castle of Lemesos, situated near the old harbour in the heart of the historical centre of the city of Lemesos, houses the Medieval Collection of the Cyprus Museum. Although there existed earlier architectural phases of an older and larger structure, the present edifice dates to the period of Ottoman rule. Archaeological investigation within the castle, revealed that it was built over an Early Christian basilica (4th-7th century A.D.) and a Middle Byzantine monument (10th-11th century A.D.). Other finds beneath the Castle witness the existence of an important church, possibly the city's first cathedral.
According to Etienne Lusignan, the original castle was erected by Guy de Lusignian in 1193. From its erection until the beginning of the 16th century, damages were caused by the continous attacks of the town by the Genoese and the Mameluks as well as by earthquakes alternating with restorations and reconstructions. In 1538 the Ottomans captured Lemesos and the Castle. The Venetian governor of Cyprus, after recapturing the Castle, decided to demolish it in order to avoid its possible seizure. This destruction was completed in 1567/8. After the Ottoman acquisition of Cyprus in 1576, the remains or parts of the remains of the Castle were incorporated (ca. 1590) in the new Ottoman fort which was considerably strengthened.
The underground chamber and the first floor were transformed into prison cells and remained in use until 1950. When the central prisons were transferred to Lefkosia, the Castle of Lemesos was ceded to the Department of Antiquities and used as the District Museum. It has housed the Medieval Collection of the Cyprus Museum since 1987. Cyprus' historical development, its economic, social and artistic evolution as well as the daily life of its people from the 3rd to the 18th century A.D., can be acknowledged through the exhibits of this Collection.
Opening hours: Mon - Sat : 09:00 - 17:00, Sunday: 10:00 - 13:00.
Accessibility: Non wheelchair accessible
Ideally situated, half way between Pafos and Limassol, gazing the pick of Troodos Mountain to the north and overlooking the Episkopi bay to the south, the Olive Park Oleastro is 3 km past the picturesque village of Anogyra, famous for its unspoiled traditional character.
The Olive Park Oleastro is unique, featuring aspects of the 60,000 years of the civilization of the olive, such as extraction methods, farming activities, representations of excavations, the olive tree in painting, professions related to the olive tree, the role of the olives and olive oil in the Mediterranean diet, customs, traditions, history, mythology and much more.
For younger friends, there is a playground, an artist’s corner and the park animals. An olive museum, a restaurant, a gift shop specializing in olive products, a visitor’s center, and an ecological olive mill, where people can watch the actual olive oil extraction between mid-October and February, complete the Olive Park.
The ecological olive mill applies the latest ‘green’ technology and produces olive oil of the highest possible standard. It’s a ‘first’ in Cyprus because it uses cold pressing with millstones, and it’s the only mill certified to the ISO22000 (food safety and hygiene) and ISO9001 (quality) and ISO14001 (environmental protection) standards. The olive oil produced here maintains fully all its nutritional elements, original flavor, aroma, color, and polyphenols.
All exhibits are accompanied by selected brief, interesting and educating texts in four languages (Greek, English, German and French).
Open: 7 days a week, 10.00-18.00.
Closed on: Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, and Easter Sunday (Orthodox Easter).
Tickets include free olive oil tasting
Adults: € 3.00
Children: € 2.00
Children up to 2: free of charge
Groups (at least 12): € 2.00
The Local Archaeological Kourion Museum was opened in December 1969. While visiting the museum you will see a large number of exhibits from the Temple of Apollon Hylates as well as settlements and tombs found in the surrounding area. Of particular interest are a three-member family skeletons who lost their lives in the terrible earthquake of 365 AD which destroyed the city of Kourion.
Monday, - Friday: 8.00 - 15.30
Saturday, Sunday: Closed
Entrance price: €2,50
The Cyprus Wine Museum aims in providing useful information on 55 centuries of Cyprus wine history, and bring wine lovers together. They are here to guide you through this journey of 5500 years, show to you the very first steps of the European wine, and wake up your senses through a wine tasting procedure. They invite you to taste the Cyprus wine.
Every Day from 9:00 to 17:00.
Closed on public holidays.
The ancient town of Amathous is one of the top sightseeings of Cyprus, situated on the south coast of the island, about 7 km east of Limassol. Traces of the earliest human presence, dating to the Neolithic period, have been detected on the hills neighboring Amathous. During the Archaic period the town acquired special wealth as one of the Kingdoms of Cyprus and had remarkable commercial relations both with the Aegean and the Syropalestinian coast. Amathous has not preserved a foundation legend.
On the top of the hill of the Αcropolis, the Cypriot Goddess, named Aphrodite at least from the 4th c B.C., was worshipped. During the Persian occupation of the island, Amathous maintained a pro-Persian stance, a fact led to its siege by Onesilos of Salamis. The abolition of the Kingdom of Amathous, as well as of the other Kingdoms of Cyprus. At the end of the 4th c B.C (Hellenistic period) was due to the annexation of the island by the Ptolemies. Amathous enjoyed prosperity during the Antonine and Severan periods. Although the town survived the Arab raids of the mid 7th century A.D., it seems that it was definitely abandoned towards the end of the same century.