Cultural museums and important building monuments that capture the history and folklore of the island, Cyprus's museums function not only as attractions but as cultural institutions of the southeast corner of Europe, Cyprus.
Our Cyprus, though small, has an impressive number of museums that cover all the interests of tourists and locals and offer a wide range of themes and knowledge that can impress even the most demanding visitors.
Photo:Elias Lambrou Photography
In all the major cities of Cyprus, there are museums hosting material from their wider region. A number of smaller museums are located in specific locations.
All museums aim to show people's way of life in the past, a number of rural, domestic, historical and everyday objects await each visitor to travel him many decades ago. The knowledge of how everyday life was in the old days is accompanied by the knowledge of the art produced under the given conditions.
Among the most important Museums of our island are the following:
- The Cyprus Museum (Archaeological Museum)
- Ethnological Museum (Chatzigeorgaki Kornesiou House)
- Nicosia Municipal Art Center
- Leventis Municipal Museum
- Museum of Fairytales
- Local Archaeological Museum of Ancient Idal
- Fikardo Rural Museum
- Museum of Cyprus Railways, Evrychou
Photo: Κυπριακό Μουσείο
- Archaeological Museum of Limassol District
- Local Archaeological Kourion Museum
- Municipal Folk Art Museum
- Cyprus Wine Museum
- Medieval Museum of Cyprus (Castle of Limassol)
- Local Archaeological Museum of Kourion, Episkopi
- Carob Museum and Pastelopoieio Black Gold, Anogyra
- Museum "The Ploumistos Bread"
- Museum of Folk Art, Arsos
Photo: Τοπικό Αρχαιολογικό Μουσείο Κουρίου
- Archaeological Museum of Larnaka District
- Larnaka Castle
- Pierides Museum, Larnaka
- Local Museum of Traditional Embroidery and Silverware, Lefkara
Photo: Μουσείο Πιερίδη
- Ecclesiastical Museum of the Holy Metropolis of Pafos
- Archaeological Museum of Pafos District
- Maa-Paleokastro Museum, near Coral Bay
- Local Archaeological Museum of Palaipafou, Kouklia, Pafos
- Museum of Folk Art, Geroskipou, Pafos
- Local Archaeological Museum of Marion-Arsinoe, Polis Chrysochous, Pafos
- Ethnographic Museum of Avgorou
- Folk Art Museum in Deryneia
- Ecclesiastical Museum - Falcon Savior
By visiting the museums you can get a feel of how everyday life was in the old times and even though they were faced with many difficultiues they still managed to create.