Let us introduce you to the magic world of Cyprus history!
Cyprus is an island with long history and a rich culture that spans 10,000 years, making it one of the oldest civilizations in the Mediterranean, as evidenced by the many fascinating cultural sights, museums, monuments and galleries.
All major cities of Cyprus have museums housing material from the wider district that they serve. There are also a number of smaller museums which service specific cites. By visiting the museums you will gain a sense of how everyday life was throughout the years as well as the art that was produced.
Among the most important Museums of our island are the following:
- The Cyprus Museum (Archaeological Museum)
- Ethnological Museum (Chatzigeorgaki Kornesiou House)
- Nicosia Municipal Art Center
- Leventis Municipal Museum
- Museum of Fairytales
- Local Archaeological Museum of Ancient Idal
- Fikardo Rural Museum
- Museum of Cyprus Railways, Evrychou
Photo: Κυπριακό Μουσείο
- Paradox Museum Limassol
- Archaeological Museum of Limassol District
- Local Archaeological Kourion Museum
- Municipal Folk Art Museum
- Cyprus Wine Museum
- Medieval Museum of Cyprus (Castle of Limassol)
- Local Archaeological Museum of Kourion, Episkopi
- Carob Museum and Pastelopoieio Black Gold, Anogyra
- Museum "The Ploumistos Bread"
- Museum of Folk Art, Arsos
Photo: Τοπικό Αρχαιολογικό Μουσείο Κουρίου
- Archaeological Museum of Larnaka District
- Larnaka Castle
- Pierides Museum, Larnaka
- Local Museum of Traditional Embroidery and Silverware, Lefkara
Photo: Μουσείο Πιερίδη
- Ecclesiastical Museum of the Holy Metropolis of Pafos
- Archaeological Museum of Pafos District
- Maa-Paleokastro Museum, near Coral Bay
- Local Archaeological Museum of Palaipafou, Kouklia, Pafos
- Museum of Folk Art, Geroskipou, Pafos
- Local Archaeological Museum of Marion-Arsinoe, Polis Chrysochous, Pafos
- Ethnographic Museum of Avgorou
- Folk Art Museum in Deryneia
- Ecclesiastical Museum - Falcon Savior
By visiting the museums you can get a feel of how everyday life was in the old times and even though they were faced with many difficultiues they still managed to create.