In Cyprus and especially in the Troodos area, as well as in the coastal areas of the island, there are several picnic and camping sites.
There are 40 excursion areas in the State Forestry, with a capacity of about 23,000 people. These areas are managed by the Department of Forests. These areas have all the basic facilities such as barbecues, drinking water, tables and lavatories, as well as wheelchair facilities.
The excursion areas of the island are as follows:
- Timi (Pafos)
- Pikni (Pafos)
- Smiyies (Pafos)
- Mavralis (Pafos)
- Agios Merkourios (Pafos)
- Gefiri tou Livadiou (Pafos)
- Kalonomati (Nicosia)
- Stavros tis Psokas (Pafos)
- Agia (Pafos)
- Monashilaka (Pafos)
- Pera Vasa (Pafos)
- Komititzi (Nicosia)
- Xystarouda (Nicosia)
- Xerargaka - Orkontas (Nicosia)
- Marathos (Nicosia)
- Fraktis Prodromou (Limassol)
- Kampi tou Kalogirou (Limassol)
- Trooditissa - Xerokolymbos (Limassol)
- Kampos tou Livadiou (Limassol)
- Armyroleivadon (Limassol)
- Leivadi tou Ppachia (Limassol)
- Platania (Nicosia)
- Archolachania (Mesa Potamos, Limassol)
- Agia Paraskevi (Limassol)
- Kakomallis (Limassol)
- Polemidia (Limassol)
- Kionia (Nicosia)
- Prophet Elias (Nicosia)
- Mantra tou Kambiou (Nicosia)
- Gefyri tis Panagias (Nicosia)
- Xyliatos Dam (Nicosia)
- Kapoura (Nicosia)
- Asinou (Nicosia)
- Academy (Nicosia)
- Agios Georgios (Nicosia)
- Athalassa (Nicosia)
- Kornos (Larnaka)
- Rizoelia (Larnaka)
- Agios Antonios (Famagusta)
Throughout Cyprus, there are camping areas, with facilities such as showers, toilets and even Internet wifi to ensure the campers have a comfortable and carefree vacation.
Photo: Press Room
The most famous camping venues in Cyprus are:
- Campsite area Polis Chrysochous:
It operates from March to October, 800 meters away from the city center. The area has toilets, showers and sinks, a snack bar, and a mini market.
- Camping area of Platanias:
It runs from May to the end of September. There are two complexes with toilets, showers, hot water and a kitchen that can be used by the campers.
- Campsite Kambi Kalogirou in Prodromos:
It has only the necessary facilities, such as toilets, showers, barbecues and drinking water. There is no room for cooking.
- Campsite Stavros tis Psokas, Pafos:
In the area, you will find toilets, showers, barbecues and two small galleys. There is also a small café-restaurant in the area.
- Feggari Camping, Pafos:
There you will find toilets, showers, hot water, barbecue, kitchenette, electricity, bar, restaurant, and even wi-fi.
- Camping site Kalymnos (Governor's Coast), Limassol:
There is a toilet, shower, hot water, barbecue and a small kitchen.
Visitor Behavior Rules
Visitors to excursions sites and camping venues must follow some basic rules of conduct to ensure the least possible damage to the environment and the comfort of other visitors. The most important of these rules are the following:
- Fire is only allowed in the grills provided. Certain excursion spaces do not allow you to ignite fire, such as Asinou and Athalassa.
- Before leaving the area, make sure that the charcoals you have used have completely stopped burning, even if you have stored them in the spaces that may be available for this purpose.
- Do not use wood in the forest to ignite fire and prepare food. Each visitor must ensure that they have the necessary amount of charcoal with them.
- Keep the space clean. Collect all your garbage and place it in the designated bins. If for any reason there are no bins or if they are full, take your garbage with you. Do not leave them in plastic bags out, because they are usually scattered by stray dogs, foxes etc.
- Do not make a lot of noise, respect the right of others for peace!
- Cutting plants, tree barking and harassment of bird nests harm the environment and are prohibited by the Forest Law.
- Use caution with water. Do not waste it. You encourage other visitors to observe the basic rules of conduct.
- If you catch fire, call 1407 immediately (24 hours, free of charge).
Source: Department of Forests of the Republic of Cyprus