Pachna village is famous for its dairy products, its grapes, its wine, its traditional Zivania and its good food in nice traditional taverns. The people are very hospitable.
This is a wonderful event, run every year by the village. It always attracts hundreds of visitors who come to see the village’s traditional production of high-quality dairy products and the village’s traditional customs.
Visitors could taste for FREE fresh, halloumi cheese, anari cheese and trachanas and could see:
- Demonstration of the shearing and milking sheep and goats
- Preparation of traditional dairy products of the site
- Documentary screening about shepherd's life
- Traditional local animal breeds exhibition
- Tour by train in the village
- Promotional bazaar with local traditional dairy products
- Exhibition of stock raising tools and other items
- Demonstration of traditional trades
- Dance program by the Cultural, Spiritual association "St.Stephanos"
- Folk music, dance and songs by Michalis Tterlikkas accompanied by ''Mousa''
The festival starts 2 of July at 6:00 in the afternoon and ends at midnight. ENTRANCE IS FREE!