Oktapus in red wine – “Ktapodaki krasato kathisto”
- 1 ½kg octopus
- 2 onions chopped
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup red dry wine
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 piece of cinnamon stick
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp black pepper seeds
- some chopped parsley for garnishing
- Wash the octopus and cut into pieces of 6-8 cm.
- Put it in a saucepan. Do not add any water because liquids will be released from the octopus.
- When it comes to boil remove from fire and empty all the released liquids.
- Put back in the saucepan the octopus with all the other ingredients, except parsley.
- Cover and let simmer for almost one hour until the octopus is cooked and the sauce is thicken.
- You may need to add some water if you see that the sauce is getting thick and the octopus is not cooked yet, and keep the heat low. You know it is cooked when you can easily skewer the octopus.
- Serve with rice or penne pasta and garnish with parsley.
Enjoy with a glass of red wine!