Church of Panagia Potamitissa
Church in a tradition village!
The Church of the Holy Virgin in Potamitissa village, was built on an older church in the early 20th century, in a location that according to tradition was indicated by Mary, the mother of Jesus. The church was built in Byzantine style with its dome dedicated to the birth of the Virgin built from stone. The church is a remarkable work of art and it hosts icons of the 17th and 18th century and of course the icon of the Virgin Mary with baby Jesus in her arms. The church was founded in 1925 and renovated in November 12, 1944, it celebrates it on September 8