The US Department of State, in collaboration with the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), has launched an information campaign for citizens who are about to travel.
How the Coronavirus broke out:
The Coronavirus first appeared in a market where illegal seafood, poultry, rabbits, bats and snakes were sold in the city of Ohan, with a population of 11 million people. The virus first appeared at the end of last year at the Ohan market.
Where did the Coronavirus break out:
The coronavirus has spread to Chinese cities, Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong. Also in USA, Thailand, South Korea, Japan, Australia, France and Canada, Germany, South America and more.
How the coronavirus is transmitted:
Coronavirus spreads from animal to human and from human to human. Among humans it is transmitted by saliva droplets, with coughing and sneezing. The coronavirus is spreading fast.
1. Avoid travelling to specific countries:
Avoid unnecessary trips to Ohan and Hubei province, where came from. Also avoid travelling to the US and Europe because they expect an increase of outbreaks, the scientists predicted.
2. "Do not approach people who cough or sneeze":
Because it is new to coronavirus, we do not know yet the details of its spread, so unfortunately it remains mysterious. Former CDC chief physician and dean of New York Medical College Robert Amler advises citizens to stay as far away as possible from someone who has flu or cold symptoms, "Don't approach people who cough or sneeze", he says.
3. "Wash your hands often, as often as possible, and wash them well.
4. Wear a surgical mask when you are in crowded places and refresh it frequently to keep it from loosening.
5. If you plan to travel by plane, prefer to have your own blanket and pillow, and not use what the airline will give you, as they may not be properly disinfected.
6. Wear conventional winter gloves when walking in the town or using public transport.
Photo from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFF9cispe74