Red mushrooms are usually found under pines and shrubs.
They are very popular in Cyprus and their botanical name is 'Lactarius Deliciosus' - 'Cypriot red mushrooms'.
Red mushrooms are very popular among the most sought after traditional Cypriot cuisines and especially during the fasting period.
You will need:
- 750 gr.mountain red mushrooms
- 1 red dry onion sliced
- 1 white dry onion sliced
- 4 tablespoon organic extra virgin olive oil
- 125ml. red wine
- 75ml. balsamic vinegar with pomegranate juice
- 2 garlic cloves sliced
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh coriander chopped
- sea salt and white/black pepper ground
1.Wash, dry and cut mushrooms.
2.In a pan place olive oil, add onions and mushrooms and saute until they get a golden brown colour.
3.Add garlic and wine, and cook until the wine evaporates.
4. Mix coriander, correct taste with salt and pepper and serve.
|Tip of the Chef||
Garnish with fresh chopped parsley. We may also use other types of mushrooms if you wish.
Mushrooms may be served as a great meat replacement on fasting periods.