Fish soup may be considered one of the most difficult recipes, but following our recipe below, you will easily and quickly make a delicious and nutritious meal for the whole family.
For the fish broth:
- 1 carrot
- 2-3 Stalks of Celery
- 1 medium dry Onion
- 1/4 cup white dry wine
- 1 teaspoon vegetable broth powder or ½ cube vegetable broth
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 5-6 black peppercorns
- 250 g Cod fish fillet without bone
- 250 g Redfish fillet without bone
1. Cut the vegetables into pieces and put them together with the fish fillets in a saucepan.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and add 2 liters of hot water.
3. Simmer for 15 minutes and remove the foam from the broth.
4. Pass the broth from a fine sieve and cut the fish into pieces.
Ingredients for the fish soup:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Chopped carrot
- 2-3 Stalks of celery chopped
- 1 Onion chopped dry
- 2–3 Freshly chopped onions
- 1 potato chopped (or ¼ cup rice)
- ¼ teaspoon fish seasoning
- 1 large tomato grated or blended
- Salt Pepper
- Lemon juice
- Parsley / Dill for garnishing
1. Put the olive oil in a saucepan over high heat and add the vegetables, stirring constantly to obtain a light colour.
2. Add tomato and fish broth.
3. Simmer for 5 minutes and add the fish pieces.
4. Correct the taste with salt and pepper, add lemon juice and serve.
We may enrich our soup with other types of fish such as salmon or shrimp - the more the variety of fish - the more delicious our soup!
Instead of potato, we may add brown rice or small whole wheat pasta for more fiber content and serve with barley rusk or whole grain bread sticks with sesame seeds.
Another tasty recipe for Egg and Lemon Soup(Avgolemoni) soup-A recipe from Grandmothers Notebook